Thursday, November 17, 2011

Staight Women Interviews

 Alex
Transcript:
Q: Do you have any LGBT friends at the University?
A: No

Q: How supportive are you for the LGBT students?
A: I'm very supportive.

Q: How much do you know about the LGBT community or resources at UT?
A: I don't really know anything about the resources here.

Q: What's your opinion on having an LGBT roommate and how would you deal with it?
A: I wouldn't mind it at all, they're still a person, there's nothing different about them.

Q: Is there anything you would like to add on the subject?
A: Nothing just I don't feel like people should discriminate against being gay or straight or whatever. Were all still people.

 Shristi
 Transcript:

Q: Do you have any LGBT friends at the University?
A: Yes I do. Actually I have a lot of LGBT friends here.

Q:How supportive are you for the LGBT students?
A: I haven't done anything actively, but if need be I would definitely help.
 
Q: How much do you know about the LGBT community or resources at UT?
A: i have a lot of friends from the LGBT frat DLP. I took an educational psychology class where they actually told us about resources. Oh and the SAC.

                                                                            

Q: What's your opinion on having an LGBT roommate and how would you deal with it?
A: I honestly, it would just be lie having any other roommate. I don't think it would matter.

Q: Is there anything you would like to add on the subject?
A: No.

Analysis of interviews
Both interviews show that whether they have LGBT friends or not, people are generally accepting of their LGBT peers. Also neither of them would mind having a LGBT roommate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment