Thursday, November 17, 2011

Straight Male interviews

 Michael
 Transcript:

Q: Do you have any LGBT friends at the University?
A:Well of course I do, I'm from Houston so people were not really open about over there, but when ever i came to Austin the number definitely grew. I did have some friends that came to Austin, but whenever I got here the number really increased. People are more open!

Q: How much do you know about the LGBT community or resources at UT?
A: Honestly, I'm not very aware at all. I know that there are tables outside and around campus, they recruit people, get the word out, but I mean personally I have not taken any initiative to go deeper into it.

Q: How supportive are you for the LGBT students?
A: I'm in full support, you know it's their way of life. I'm not the person that's going to be there to try and tell them how to live. It's their freewill, it's what they want to do

Q: What's your opinion on having an LGBT roommate and how would you deal with it?
A: It honestly really wouldn't bother me. Whenever I have roommates we kind of just do our own thing. I'm not going to be all up in his business and he is not going to be all up in mine. It would be a really cool little experiment you know something to try out.

Q: Is there anything you would like to add on the subject?
A: The only thing I would like to add is, I kind of just feel our generation is accepting of LGBT, what they do. My parents are in their sixty's, that's kind of old, its just the way your brought up. The people you interact with like going to school, playing sports, or activities. I think that's just kind of something that comes along with how we were raised.

Michael
Transcript:
Q: Do you have any LGBT friends at the University?
A: I do!

Q: How supportive are you for the LGBT students?
A: I'm absolutely in support of it. I think it's a big deal and people are not getting enough support, it's a problem

Q:How much do you know about the LGBT community or resources at UT?

A: I'm actually pretty involved in the Human Rights campaign, so I know quite a bit, but I know there is a lot more to be learned.

Q: What's your opinion on having an LGBT roommate and how would you deal with it?
A: I don't think i would have any problem with it. I might be a little bit uncomfortable at first just because it's not something that i ever really dealt with living wise, but I have no issue with it. I'm fine with it.

Q: Is there anything you would like to add on the subject?
A: Honestly think this is our version of the civil rights campaign and its a big deal that it's not moving along quicker and people don't have the same rights. It's a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment